Is your Honda Fit engine power decreased, low gas mileage, and the check engine light on due to a faulty engine air filter? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the engine air filter of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the engine air filter on a 2007-2013 Honda Fit 2nd Gen.
What you will need
- Honda Fit Engine Air filter
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release on the left side of the driver’s footwell. Unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up. Put the hood strut to hold the hood up.
- Locate the air filter housing on the right side of the engine.
- Disconnect the mass airflow sensor by pushing the clip and pulling it out from the housing.
- Unlock the clips on the top side and bottom side of the air filter housing.
- Remove the cover of the air filter.
- Pull the air filter out of the housing.
- Clean leaves and dirt at the bottom of the housing using a vacuum.
- Get the new air filter and place it into the air filter housing. Place it in the same direction as the old ones.
- Put the cover back into the air filter housing.
- Lock the clips and reconnect the mass airflow sensor.
We hope you find the 2007-2013 Honda Fit Replace Engine Air Filter guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Honda.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!