Buying car parts online can save you hundreds of dollars on parts. Since we often get asked, "Where can I get cheap car parts online?" or " Are there any websites that sell discounted car parts?" we decided to put together a list of resources where car guys buy dirty cheap car parts.
1. Rock Auto
Dirt Cheap Car Parts
Rock Auto is an independent website that carries thousands of auto parts. If you are a car guy, you have either bought car parts on rock auto before or have at least heard of them.
Rock Auto is like Walmart but for auto parts. Rock Auto not only has every car part that you will need, but they price all their parts low.
One advance of rock auto is that they ship quickly. You get the parts in three to four days. All the parts in their inventory are new.
They have reliable auto parts brands available, including Moog, Bosch, Denso, Magna, Valeo, NGK, Beck Arnley, etc.
Overall, Rock Auto seems to focus on quality car parts. If you have any questions, you can call their customer service at 1-608-661-1376, and within 2-3 minutes, you can get someone to help you buy the correct car part.
On one occasion, we ordered the wrong brake pads and called Rock Auto. They sent new brake pads and didn't even ask for the wrong pads to be sent back.
Overall, the prices on Rock Auto and customer service are fantastic.
2. Car-Part.com - Best for Used Car Parts
Website: Car Parts
Buying car parts from a junkyard is a great way to find cheap car parts. At a junkyard, you will find any possible part that you could not find on eBay or RockAuto.
On Car Parts, you can search the inventory of almost every wrecking yard in the United States.
You don't shop for car parts on Car Parts the typical way you do on most websites. Find the wrecking yard that has the part you are looking for and call it.
They will send you an order form to fill out and email or fax back to the seller.
While most junkyards have a 30-day return policy, some do not; others may have a restocking fee.
How to Buy Used Car Parts
Car-Part.com works differently than any other website on this list.
- Search for a car part online by make, model, and year.
- Order results by zip code to find any wrecking yard near you with the part you are looking for.
- If the car part you are looking for is not available at a wrecking yard near you, follow these next few steps.
- Check which junkyard in the United States has the lowest price.
- Click on the column that says US PRICE.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the page * asterisk symbol.
- This page will have the lowest price for the car part you are looking for.
- Call a few wrecking yards on this page (phone numbers are provided) to check inventory or ask questions. You will have to place an order over the phone and pay the shipping charges. Most wrecking yards are honest about the shipping cost and do not overcharge. Remember, you are dealing with a business, not a random person on eBay. Conclusion
3. eBay Motors
On eBay, you will find new and used car parts.
You can find almost any part, from brake pads and filters to bumpers and fenders. Even whole rebuild differentials, engines, and transmissions.
At first, you may feel overwhelmed when buying car parts on eBay. To ensure that you are ordering the correct part, it is better to search by part number. You can get the part number by looking at your old car part or calling the dealer who can look at any part by VIN.
- eBay is one of the best sites to buy dirt cheap car parts.
- Another advantage of buying car parts on eBay is finding any part you need. If you are looking for a small trim piece for the dashboard or an engine cover, you will find it on eBay. Sometimes you may only find a used part, but that is still better than other sites that don't have such parts.
- Your purchases are covered by eBay buy guaranteed. If a seller sends you a part that is broken a radio that doesn't work, open a case to get a refund. You get a free return shipping label when you pick Doesn't Fit or Defective.
- On average most eBay parts take 5 to 7 days to get delivered. If you need your details faster than that, check out RockAuto.
- Part compatibility provided by eBay is often wrong. It is your responsibility to determine if the part you are buying will fit your vehicle. Please don't rely on eBay's recommended fitment, as it often is wrong.
Prices are very competitive, and some of the larger auto parts retailers, such as Wholesale Direct Auto, list their inventory on eBay.
Tips for Buying Car Parts on eBay
- You can search for parts by Year, Make, and Model.
- If you have questions about fitment, you can always email the seller to verify the fitment.
- Keep in mind that you are dealing with various sellers, and always check the seller's feedback.
- Don't buy from sellers with 0 feedback scores.
- Filter results by your location, or you may buy car parts from China, which can take 1 to 2 months to be delivered.
- Don't base fitment on the eBay application chart, as this often doesn't seem right.
- Check the item description provided by the seller to see if the part fits your vehicle.
If the part you receive does not fit or is defective, you can send it back for a refund. eBay has come a long way regarding seller protection in the last few years.
4. Advance Auto Parts
Buy online and pick it up at the local store. Great choice if you can't wait.
Advance Auto Parts is one of our favorite websites to buy cheap car parts.
If you are looking to buy car parts the same day or buy cheap parts near you, Advance Auto Parts will be one of the best choices.
The main advantage is that you can pick up the parts from any local Advance Auto Parts store yet still take advantage of online prices.
Advance Auto Parts is cheap, but only when you use discount coupons. Otherwise, Advance Auto Parts can be higher than average if you walk into one of their stores.
Just order online on their website; at checkout, don't pick deliver; instead, choose a store near you and drive to the store to pick up your parts.
Advance Auto Parts constantly displays discount coupon codes on their website that range from 25% up to 40% off. The discount codes are displayed on most pages, just above the navigation bar.
It is hard to beat the discounted parts, and the same-day pickup option Advance Auto Parts offers.
Advance Auto Parts is an excellent choice if you still want to buy cheap car parts but can pick them up the same day. Even Amazon can't deliver that fast.
How to Buy Cheap Car Parts from Advance Auto Parts
Follow these steps to learn how to buy cheap car parts from an Advance Auto Parts store.
- Go to Advance Auto Parts
- Look for a coupon right at the top of the page.
- Search the part you want to buy and apply the coupon at the checkout.
- Make sure to pick a store near you as a delivery method instead of having the items shipped.
- Once you get a confirmation number, print it and take it to the store you picked. They will have the parts ready for you.
5. Amazon Auto Parts
Website: Amazon Auto Parts
You probably didn't think of Amazon, but Amazon is becoming one of the faster-growing marketplaces for automotive parts.
Amazon offers prime shipping, which allows you to get parts the next day in many cases. Amazon is an excellent place if you are looking to buy engine oil, filters, wipers, and car maintenance supplies.
While Amazon does have parts such as brake pads, suspension components, and engine parts, their inventory for car parts is not as large as eBay Motors and even Rock Auto. Still, Amazon is a great place to buy auto parts, especially for car maintenance.
At YOUCANIC, we buy car parts from car dealers and online frequently. By purchasing car parts online, we have found that you can save up to 80% compared to dealer prices.
Two of the best websites to buy cheap car parts online are eBay Motors and Rock Auto. Both sites sell new, OEM, or aftermarket parts. On eBay, you will find used car parts as well. If you are looking for hard-to-find used car parts, Car-Parts.com is the best choice.
Next time you need car parts, don't buy from the dealer or local auto part stores. Buy car parts from Rock Auto or eBay to save money.
There are rare cases when buying from dealers is recommended, such as engine sensors. Aftermarket sensors don't work very well, especially on high-end luxury cars. In such cases, we typically either purchase a used OEM part or buy directly from the dealer.
Also, if you do not plan on replacing the part yourself, you need to call your mechanic to ensure they install the parts the owner brings. Not all auto mechanics will install the features you get, even if they are new.
What are the best car parts brands?
One concern that car owners have when buying car parts online is that they don't know what brands are good.
To help you with that, we are listing reputable auto parts manufacturers.
- Febi Bilstein
- AC Delco
- Beck Arnley
These are all reputable brands that manufacture car parts. The order in this list does not indicate the order of quality. It is just for reference.
More websites to buy cheap car parts