Learn how to put the convertible top down on any car.
- Stop your vehicle and move the shifter to Park position.
- Open the trunk and pull the compartment divided and lock it in place.
- Use the window switch to lower the driver and passenger windows.
- If your convertible has a top latch, release it at this time.
- Press the convertible top switch to retract your hardtop / soft top.
- If the top stops moving during the raising (or lowering) process, start up the engine and resume the convertible top operation.
If you have followed this procedure and still can't get the convertible top to go down or close, continue with the article on troubleshooting convertible top problems.
The convertible top won't go down.
If you are experiencing problems with your convertible top, one of the first things you need to check is the convertible top hydraulic fluid level.
Read this article on how to troubleshoot convertible top problems.