Learn how to put the convertible top down on any car.
- Stop your vehicle and move the shifter in Park position.
- Use the window switch to lower the driver and passenger windows.
- Pull the trunk compartment divided and lock it in place.
- If your convertible has a top latch, release it at this time.
- Press the convertible top switch to retract your hard top / soft top.
- If the top stops moving during the raising (or lowering) process, start up the engine and resume the convertible top operation.
If you have followed this procedure and still can't get the convertible top to go down or close, continue with the article on how to troubleshoot convertible top problems.
Convertible top won't go down
If you are experiencing problems with your convertible top, one of the first things you need to check is the convertible top hydraulic fluid level.
Read this article on how to troubleshoot convertible top problems.