What you may notice if your Audi power steering fluid level is low:
- Groaning noise when turning Audi steering wheel,
- The steering wheel is difficult to turn,
- Whining noise when turning the steering wheel,
- Steering wheel slow to respond,
- Squeaking noise at startup
What you will need
For most models, the recommended power steering fluid is CHF 11S fluid. Only use the recommended power steering fluid listed in your owner's manual.
How to check/add power steering fluid on an Audi
- Open hood. Locate the hood release underneath the dash. Pull the lever until you hear the hood pop open. Next, you need to release the hood safety latch at the front of the hood.
Your browser does not support the video tags.
- Lift the hood and secure it open.
Locate the power steering reservoir.
- Remove the power steering cap by turning it counterclockwise.
- If you look carefully at the power steering fluid reservoir's side, you will notice a Low and Max level for the power steering fluid. If your Audi power steering reservoir is not translucent, remove the cap to check the power steering fluid level.
Add power steering fluid to bring the level between the Min and Max marks. Do not overfill.
What color is Audi power steering fluid color?
The color of the Audi power steering fluid may be clear or green if the vehicle uses CHF 11S fluid. CHF11S is the OEM Audi power steering fluid used in most models.
Which models does this guide apply to?
This guide applies to Audi models including the A3, S3, RS3, A4, S4, A5, S5, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS7, A8, S8, Q3, Q5, SQ5, Q7, TT, and R8.
Can I drive an Audi with no power steering fluid?
Don't continue to drive your Audi with no power steering fluid, or you will burn the power steering pump.