What you will need
- Turn off the engine. Before replacing the car battery on your Mazda 5, step one is to turn off the ignition. Mazda can be sensitive to voltage drops, and keeping the key in the ignition can cause electrical problems.
- Open hood. Pull the hood release to open the hood.
- Locate Battery. In your Mazda 5, the battery is located in the engine bay.
- Disconnect negative terminal. Use a 10mm wrench to loosen the negative (-) battery terminal nut. Disconnect the negative battery terminal on your Mazda.
- Disconnect the positive terminal. Next, disconnect the positive battery terminal.
- Identify the battery bracket. Remove battery hold-down bracket. Here is a close-up picture of the battery bracket on your Mazda 5.
- Remove the battery from the bracket. Remove the old battery. Install the new battery.
Clean battery terminals with a terminal brush or sandpaper. This will ensure there is a good connection to the battery.
Connect the new battery. Reconnect battery terminals. First, connect the positive battery cable on your Mazda 5. Lastly, connect the negative terminals. Use fiber washers to prevent corrosion of the battery terminals.
To change the battery on the 2010-2018 Mazda 5, you will need a few basic tools, a new battery, and about 20 minutes.
We hope that you found this DIY guide on how to change the battery on Mazda 5 helpful.
If you have any tips that may help Mazda 5 owners replace their batteries, please use the comments section below to share your experiences.