Is the daytime running light of your Mazda 3 not working? Learn how to replace the Daytime Running Light Bulb on a Mazda 3 for 2013 – 2017. Replacing the daytime running light bulb on a Mazda 3 takes less than ten minutes.
What you will need
- 9005 Bulb 12 V 65W
- Open the hood. Pull on the hood release under the dashboard to release the hood.
- Locate the burned-out daytime running light. Left and right headlights use the same light bulb.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the daytime running light.
- Twist the light bulb to remove it, as shown in the video.
- Install the new light bulb and ensure it is tight and secure.
- Reconnect the electrical connector.
- Handle the light bulb by the base and avoid touching the glass. Oil residue can shorten the life span of the bulb.
- Be careful in removing and installing the light bulb. It can be easily damaged if it is not installed correctly.
- Discard the light bulb properly.
Why is my Daytime Running Light Bulb not working after replacement?
Consider several potential factors if your daytime running light bulb is not working after replacement. First, verify that you’ve used the correct bulb type and installed it accurately in the socket, as incorrect installation can prevent proper functionality. Check the fuse related to the daytime running lights, as a tripped or blown fuse could be the culprit; replace any blown fuses with appropriately rated ones. Additionally, inspect the wires and connectors for any damage, disconnection, or poor connections, as these issues can disrupt the electrical flow to the bulb. Addressing these aspects should help identify and resolve the problem affecting your daytime running light bulb.
Changing the daytime running light on a Mazda 3 is easy.
We hope the 2014-2018 Mazda 3-Day Running Light Bulb Replacement guide is helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help with your Mazda 3.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!