Skip to main content
What you will need
- With the wheels on the ground, loosen the lug nuts but don't remove them.
- Jack up your Dodge Stratus and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the front wheel from your Dodge Stratus.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to press the caliper piston into the caliper.
- Use a 14mm socket to remove one of the guide pins.
- Fold-out the brake caliper and remove old brake pads and shims.
- Install the new brake pads. Apply a small amount of grease where the brake pads slide on the brake caliper.
- Install the brake caliper. Apply grease to the guide pins.
- Torque guide pins to 31 Nm or 23 ft-lb.
- Install the wheel and tighten. Rember to tighten the lug nuts when the vehicle has been lowered.
- Start your Dodge Stratus and pump the brake pedal a few times before starting to drive.