What you will need
Mazda 5 uses two types of bulbs for the low beam: Halogen or HID. Mazda5 only has one or the other, not both.
- Park the Mazda 5. Turn off the engine. Ensure that the Mazda 5 lights are turned off as well.
- Open the hood of the Mazda 5. The hood release is located under the dashboard of the 5.
Access the back of the Mazda 5 headlights. In some cases, it may be easier to remove the headlight but for Mazda 5 it is not always necessary. Remove the black plastic cover to access the Mazda 5 low beam bulb.
- Remove the low beam light bulb from the headlight of the Mazda 5 and the low beam socket by turning it counterclockwise. Use gloves when handling light bulbs.
- Install the new low beam light bulb on your Mazda 5. Don't touch the glass part of your bulb with your bare hands.
If the low beam doesn't work after replacing the light bulb, check the fuses. Mazda 5 has two fuses, one for the right and one for the left headlight. In the fuse box located in the engine compartment, locate fuse 39 and fuse 40. Both these fuses are 15 A.
Driver side headlight
- Fuse is market as Head LO L and is fuse slot 39.
Passenger side headlight
- Fuse is market as Head LO R and is fuse slot 40.