What you will need
- Park the vehicle. Turn off the ignition. Set the parking brakes.
- Lift up the rear tailgate.
- Remove the tail light assembly. Remove the two Philips screws.
- Pull the tail light towards the back to remove it from the car.
- Replace the turn signal light bulb. The burned light bulb can be pulled straight out. Press the new bulb in place.
- Reinstall the tail light assembly. Make sure to slide the tail light on the locking plastic pin. Once the tail light is installed properly, you can reinstall the screws.
If you replace the turn signal light bulb on your Mazda and the lights still don't work, it is possible that the fuse for the turn signals is blown.
Check fuse 24 in the fuse box found in the engine compartment. The fuse is designated as HAZARD and will be a 10 A fuse.
Follow these instructions to change the back turn signal light on Mazda5. These instructions apply to both passenger and driver side.