What you will need
Replacing the sway bar links on a Tesla is very easy and takes about thirty minutes for each link. There is a sway bar link for each front wheel. Here is how to change the sway bar links on a Tesla.
- Park the Tesla on level ground.
- While the vehicle is still on the ground, loosen the lug nuts but do not remove them yet.
- Jack up the vehicle and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the wheel from the vehicle.
- Locate the sway bar link.
- Remove the upper nut of the sway bar link.
- Disconnect the sway bar link from the strut.
If needed, push down on the sway bar link to remove to disconect.
- Remove the lower nut of the sway bar link and disconnect it from the sway bar (torsion bar, stabilizer link).
- Remove the sway bar link from the vehicle.
- Install the new sway bar link in reverse order.
- Visit an alignment shop to get the front wheels aligned.
The sway links may also be called torsion bar links or stabilizer links.