- Park the Mitsubishi on level ground.
- Turn off the engine and wait for at least five minutes.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard. Open the hood. Locate the oil dipstick.
- Remove the dipstick and wipe it clean.
- Reinsert the oil dipstick making sure it is pushed all the way in. Wait a few seconds.
- Remove the oil dipstick and note the current oil level. The level should be between the min and max marks on the dipstick.
- If the level is below the min mark, add engine oil to bring the engine oil level between the max and min marks.
Check your Mitsubishi engine oil level on a monthly basis. If the level is low, add the recommend Mitsubishi engine oil type printed on the oil cap and your owner's manual.
If the oil light on your Mitsubishi is staying on, stop the car immediately and check the engine oil level. If the level is below the min, add engine oil.
Do not continue to drive your Mitsubishi if the oil light remains on.
How often should I add engine oil?
In a low-mileage Mitsubishi car or SUV, you should not have to add engine oil until your next oil change.
On high mileage Mitsubishi vehicles, you typically have to add 1 qt of oil between oil changes or every six months.