In this guide, you will learn how to jump-start a Ford Edge dead battery.
Learn how to jump a Ford Edge with a portable jump starter.
- Remove the emergency key from the remote key fob and use it to unlock the driver's door.
- Ensure the parking brakes are engaged and ignition is turned off.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard to release the hood. Open the hood.
- Locate the positive (+) terminal and connect the positive (red) jump lead.
- Determine a ground connection and connect the negative (-) lead. Do not connect directly to the negative battery terminal.
- Press unlock on your key to ensure the car is powered up and the alarm system is disabled. Go inside and start the car by pressing the START button with the keyfob. If your Ford Edge won't start, only clicks check the jump starter clamps. Wiggle the clamps a little bit to make sure they are making good contact.
- Use only the recommended jump-starting terminals.
- Do not allow the positive clamp to touch any metal parts other than the dedicated + terminal.