2001-2005 Dodge Stratus Front Brake Pad Replacement
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace front brake pads on Chrysler Sebring model years 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010.
What you will need
- With the wheels on the ground, loosen the lug nuts but don't remove them.
- Jack up your Dodge Stratus and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the front wheel from your Dodge Stratus.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to press in the caliper piston into the caliper.
- Use a 14mm socket to remove one of the guide pins.
- Fold out the brake caliper and remove old brake pads and shims.
- Install the new brake pads. Apply a small amount of grease where the brake pads slide on the brake caliper.
- Install the brake caliper. Apply grease to the guide pins.
- Torque guide pins to 31 Nm or 23 ft -lb.
- Install the wheel and tighten. Rember to tighten the lug nuts when the vehicle has been lowered.
- Start your Dodge Stratus and pump the brake pedal a few times before starting to drive.