In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace car battery on Chrysler Crossfire. Instructions in this guide will help you replace the battery on a model such as Crossfire produced in 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008.
What you will need
Turn off the engine. Before you get started replacing the car battery on your Chrysler Crossfire, step one is to turn off the ignition and remove the key. Chrysler (Mercedes) can be sensitive to voltage drops and keep the key in the ignition can cause electrical problems.
Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
Locate Battery. On a Crossfire the battery is located in the engine bay, passenger side.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal first. Next, disconnect the positive battery terminal.
Remove battery hold-down bracket. Here is a close up picture of the battery bracket on a Chrysler Crossfire.
Carefully lift up the battery and remove it.
- Install the new battery in reverse order. Connect the negative terminal last.
- Spray battery protector on the battery posts when possible to protect the posts from corrosion.
- Enter the radio code. It should be written down in your owner's manual. If you do not have the radio code call a Chrysler (or Mercedes-Benz dealer). They can help you with the code.
- Operate the windows. Press the window switch and keep it pressed for an additional five seconds when the windows reach the open position. Repeat for window closed position. This step synchronizes the window one-touch feature.
It is important to have the correct battery size for your Chrysler Crossfire.