2007-2017 Jeep Patriot Front Brake Pad Replacement
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace front brake pads on Jeep Patriot model years 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017.
What you will need
- With the wheels on the ground, loosen the lug nuts but don't remove them.
- Jack up your Jeep Patriot and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the front wheel from your Jeep Patriot.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to put pressure between old pad and caliper. This will press the piston into the brake caliper which is required to fit in the new brake pads.
- Use a 14mm socket to remove one of the guide pins.
- Fold out the brake caliper and remove the old brake pads and shims.
- Install the new brake pads. Apply a small amount of grease where the brake pads slide on the brake caliper. Do not apply brake grease on the brake pad surface or brake rotor.
- Install the brake caliper. Apply grease to the guide pins.
- Torque guide pins to 31 Nm or 23 ft -lb.
- Install the wheel and tighten the lug nuts. Rember to torque the lug nuts when the vehicle has been lowered.
- Start your engine and pump the brake pedal a few times before you start to drive.
That's it. You have successfully change the brake pads on a Jeep Patriot.