2008-2014 Dodge Avenger Front Brake Pad Replacement
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace front brake pads on Dodge Avenger model years 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014.
What you will need
- With the wheels on the ground, loosen the lug nuts but don't remove them.
- Jack up your Dodge Avenger and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the front wheel from your Dodge Avenger
- Use a flathead screwdriver to press in the caliper piston into the caliper.
- Use a 14mm socket to remove one of the guide pins.
- Fold out the brake caliper and remove the old brake pads and shims.
- Install the new brake pads. Apply a small amount of grease where the brake pads slide on the brake caliper. Do not apply brake grease on the brake pad surface or brake rotor.
- Install the brake caliper. Apply grease to the guide pins.
- Torque guide pins to 31 Nm or 23 ft -lb.
- Install the wheel and tighten. Rember to tighten the lug nuts when the vehicle has been lowered on the ground.
- Start your Dodge Avenger and pump the brake pedal a few times before starting to drive.