2010-18 Mazda 5 Brake Fluid, How to add, Symptoms
HUB: Mazda, Mazda 5 2010-2018
Updated Monday Aug 28, 2017
In this DIY tutorial, we will show you how to check the brake fluid level on 2010-2018 Mazda 5 and add brake fluid if neccessary. The brake fluid type used on Mazda5 is DOT3. Adding other fluids such as engine oil to the brake system will cause problems with the brake system on your Mazda 5.Back to top
If the brake fluid level is low on your Mazda5 you will notice symptoms such as:
- Brake pedal is softer when you press it
- Brake Warning Light in Instrument Cluster
- Brake Warning Light stays on even if you release the parking brakes
- Low Brake Fluid Level Warning
- Driving with the brake warning light on is dangerous. It is possible that your brakes may not work when you need to stop your car.
- Avoid letting any brake fluid drip on the paint of your Mazda 5.
3. What you will need
- Dot 3 Brake Fluid
Use a brake fluid such as Prestone Dot 3 Synthetic Brake Fluid. It is a good choice for cars with ABS, disc or drum brake systems. It has wet and dry boiling points that meet the minimum requirement recommended by Mazda. Plus it is a synthetic brake fluid.
4. Instructions: How to add brake fluid on a Mazda5
Follow these step-by-step instructions on how to add brake fluid to Mazda5. Make sure to watch the video clips as well. These instructions apply to Mazda 5 produced in the following years. 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Step 1 - Open Hood
Open the hood of your Mazda 5.
Step 2 - Locate Brake Fluid Reservoir
Locate the brake fluid reservoir on your Mazda 5. Clean the brake fluid reservoir with a clean cloth.
Step 3 - Check Brake Fluid Level
Check brake fluid level on Mazda 5. Determine the brake fluid level by looking at the maximum and minimum marks on the side of the reservoir.
Step 4 - Remove Cap from Reservoir
If the level is below the minium level, add
Step 5 - Add Brake Fluid
Add the recommended brake fluid. Fill your 5 with brake fluid until you reach the MAX/Full mark, don't fill it up to the of the reseroir.