2012-2017 Honda Civic Battery Replacement
Published by YOUCANIC Automotive Experts
Last Updated Feb 19, 2019
In this step-by-step guide, you will find instructions on how to change the battery on 9th generation Honda Civic.
- 2012–2015 (North America)
- 2012–2016 (Asia-Pacific)
- 2012–2017 (Europe)
- 2014–2017 (estate)
What you will need
- 51R Group Size Battery
- Minimum Cold Cranking Amps: 410A
- 10mm combination wrench
- Battery terminal brush
- Battery terminal protector
- Park your vehicle in a safe area and remove the key from the ignition. Set the parking brakes.
- Open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dashboard.
- Locate the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Disconnect the positive battery terminal.
- Remove the bracket that holds the battery in place.
- Remove the old battery and place the new battery in the battery tray. Caution:Car batteries are heavy.
- Reinstall the battery bracket.
- Clean the battery terminals using a battery terminal brush.
- Connect the positive battery terminal first.
- Connect the negative battery terminal last.
- Spray battery terminal protects whenever possible to prevent corrosion and improve the connection at the terminals.
You are done! Congratulations.