2014-18 Acura MDX Reset Oil Service Reminder
Updated 1 year 3 months ago
This video shows you how to reset oil maintenance light on 2014-2018 Acura MDX. Acura MDX typically come with the 3.5 litter, V6 engine. The video has turned slightly blurry therefore we have included written instructions below to help you with the reset procedure.
How to reset oil maintenance light on Acura MDX
- Turn ignition ON. Do not start the engine. If you have a Smart key, press the start button (twice) but do not push the brake pedal. All the dashboard lights on your MDX should turn on. It is recommended to not start the engine, but these instructions will work even if you do.
- Use the buttons on the dash and press settings. Scroll until you see Vehicle Settings on display screen.
- Once you see Vehicle Settings, press the scroll wheel button on the right side of your steering wheel.
- Scroll with the steering wheel button until you see Maintenace Reset / Maintenance Info.
You should see reminding oil life, for example, 5%.
- Select Reset using the steering wheel button. Allow it a couple of seconds to reset.
- The reminding oil life should now change to 100%. Next, turn off the engine and restart to ensure that the oil reset procedure on your Acura MDX was carried successfully.
We hope that you found these instructions on How to reset Acura MDX oil reminder (model years 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) helpful. If you have any tips for our readers please don't hesitate to add them in the comments section.