In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the ABS wheel speed sensor on ACURA vehicles.
Acura Key Fob Programing Instructions
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to program a new Acura key fob.
When you add an Acura keyfob, it may not lock or unlock the doors because the car does not recognize the key fob.
The procedure below shows you how to program a new Acura key.
- Enter your Acura and close all the doors. Make sure the hood and trunk are closed as well.
- Turn the key to position II. All dash lights should turn on but do not start the engine. If you have a START/STOP button, press it without pressing the brake pedal.
- Press Unlock on working keyfob: Press the lock button on the keyfob.
- Dash lights off: Turn the key back one click to position I. All dash lights will turn off at this point.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 three more times. In other words, Dash lights on (Position II) > Press Unlock on working keyfob > Dash lights off (Position I), four times total.
- At this point, you should hear the door locks cycle, which means you have entered programming mode. Quickly press the lock button on all remotes that you would like to program. You can typically program only up to three remotes.
Each of these steps needs to be completed within four seconds. If you fail at one point, don't give up. Try again, and you succeed.
Test all Acura remotes if they are working correctly. If you find that you cannot program a new remote, repeat this procedure one more time.
If only one remote is not working, the batteries on that keyfob may be dead.
All keyfobs need to be programmed, even the existing remotes. You can program up to three (3x) remotes. If you program a fourth remote, the first remote gets deleted.
If these instructions don't work, you will need to take your Acura to the dealer, local locksmith, or use an Acura key programmer tool.
Where to fix a broken Acura key?
Are you looking for an additional Acura key?
If you already have two keys, but one of them is damaged, it is a lot cheaper to simply replace the shell instead of ordering a new key.
Find an Acura key fob case online for your particular key and replace it yourself.
The following video shows you to change the key case.
The other option is to order a new key from an Acura dealer. Acura keys are not cheap and can cost anywhere from $250 to $500.
If your Acura is a new model, you have to order the key from the dealer. For older Acura models, your local locksmith should be able to make you a copy of the key.
These instructions work on Acura TL and work on other models such as MDX, NSX, RDX, RL RLX, RSX, SLX, TLX, ZDX, CDX, CL, VSX, EL, ILX, Integra, Legend.