Acura OBD2 Port Location
Last Updated on Wednesday Feb 14, 2018
Are you wondering where the OBD-II port is on an Acura? In this article, we will look at the location of OBD2 port on several vehicles including Acura TL, CL, RL, TSX, RDS, ILX, TLX, RLX, MDX, ZDX. Not only you need to know the location of the OBD2 port to diagnose check engine light, ABS or airbag, but you need to access this port to pass state inspection and emission test.Back to top
1. Acura OBD2 port under the dashboard
In the majority of the Acuras today, the OBD2 port is located under the dashboard on driver's side.
Let's look at a few examples.
Location of the OBD2 port on a 2006 Acura TL.
Location of the OBD2 port on a 2016 Acura TLXBack to top
2. Acura OBD2 port behind coin tray
On older Acuras, the OBDII port is located behind the coin train in the center console. This was a common location for Acura TL, CL, and TLS manufactured around year 2000s. Remove the plastic piece and you will see the 16 pin OBD2 port. Around year 2003, the port was moved to under the dashboard, to the right of the steering column.
Note that if coins fall behind the coin tray, the port can get jamed and you won't be able to access the OBD2 port without removing the loose objects first.
You can diagnose most Acura problems yourself via the OBD2 port.
- To diagnose Acura check engine light you will need a Level 1 OBD2 scanner. These scanners are inexpensive, some cost as little as $20.
- To diagnose Acura ABS and Airbag light you will need a Level 2 OBD2 scanner.
- To diagnose other Acura system you will need a Level 3 OBD2 scanner.