Acura Phone Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
Updated Thursday Mar 01, 2018
In this guide, we will go over the instructions on how to pair your phone (iPhone or Android) with your Acura via Bluetooth. Once you pair your phone your phone with your Acura, you will be able to make hands-free calls and play music from your phone when applicable. If your Acura is not equipped with Bluetooth, read this article on other methods to pair your phone with your car stereo.
To pair your Acura with your phone you will need to turn on the infotainment system. For Acura vehicles with START/STOP button, you do this by pressing the START button twice without pressing the ignition system. The instructions to pair iPhone and Android phones with Acura vehicles MDX, NSX, RDX, RL RLX, RSX, SLX, TL TLX, ZDX, CDX, CL, VSX, EL, ILX fall in three main categories. Do not keep the ignition on more than 15 minutes or you will drain the battery.
1. Acuras with Navigation
- Turn on your phones Bluetooth settings on your phone. In both iPhone and Android, you will need to go to settings to turn on your Bluetooth.
- Next set your phone to be discoverable. This option is found under the Bluetooth menu in your phone.
- On your, Acura turn on the ignition and press the PHONE button on the steering wheel.
- Press YES.
- Choose the DISCOVERY MODE.
- Your Acura will search for a phone to pair with.
- The model of your phone will show up on the screen.
- Enter the pin provided into your phone to complete the pairing process.
2. Acura without Navigation
- Turn on the ignition and press the phone button on the steering wheel.
- Press YES
- Next, choose the discover mode by pressing YES.
- Your phone model will show up on display. Make sure that you have turned on your Bluetooth on your phone. Go to Settings > Connective or Bluetooth to turn it on and set it to be discoverable.
- Select your phone model number on the Acura screen.
- Select CONNECT and HandsFreeLink will show a pin number.
- Enter the pin number on your phone to pair your phone with the Acura.
3. Alternative Method: Pair Phone with Acura Radio System
- Turn ignition on and allow the dashboard to turn on.
- Turn on your phone and go to settings to turn Bluetooth on and search for a new device.
- Select SETTINGS on your phone
- Under settings select BLUETOOTH
- Turn on the Bluetooth and search for a new device.
- Your Acura will ask if you would like to allow your phone to pair with your car.
- Select YES
- If a code is displayed, verify the code matches and press YES.
- Select YES for auto sync to download your contact list into the car system.
- Select DO NOT ASK ME AGAIN if you want the car to remember the phone and connect automatically next time.