- Spray penetrating oil on the sway bar link bolts and allow it penetrate the nut for 15 minutes.
- The sway bar link bolt will easily spin. Counter hold the bolt as you remove the nut.
- It is recommended to change the sway bar bushing at the same time that you change the link.
- Alignment is not required if you are only replacing the sway bar links and bushings. Unless you are replacing tie rod, strut, control arm or ball joint in which case you will need front wheel alignment.
Sway Bar Link Tightening Torque
- Torque the sway bar link bolts to 45 ft. lbs. (60 Nm)*
*Verify torque specification by calling your dealer.