In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace the battery on Mazda 5 models years 2010 through 2018.
How to Add Coolant, Check Level Mazda 5
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to check the engine coolant level and add antifreeze on a Mazda vehicle.
The pictures in this guide are from a 2015 Mazda 5 but these instructions should help owers of Mazda 3, 5, 6, CX5, CX7, CX3, CX9 and other models.
What you will need
Mazda Engine Coolant 50/50
- Park your Mazda and allow the engine to cool down for at least 30 min.
- Locate the hood release underneath the dashboard of your Mazda. Pull the lever until you hear the Mazda hood pop open. Next, you need to release the hood safety latch at the front of your hood.
- Next, locate the coolant reservoir (tank) on your Mazda. This is the location where you add engine coolant reservoir on a Mazda. On this Mazda 5, the coolant reservoir is located on the passenger side of the engine.
- Look at the coolant reservoir tank and take note of the low and high level. If the level is below the minimum mark you will need to add coolant or your Mazda may overheat and blow a head gasket.
- Remove the coolant reservoir cap very slowly.
- Add engine coolant/antifreeze. Only add the coolant type recommended by Mazda.
Adding engine coolant to a Mazda 5 is easy. Only add the coolant type recommended by Mazda. If the light for low engine coolant level turns on, make sure to check the coolant level when the engine is cold.
Do not open the radiator cap of your Mazda 5 if the engine is hot.
Instead, add coolant to the coolant reservoir. If the light on your Mazda dashboard has turned on indicating a low coolant level, the first thing you need to do is check the coolant level. Do not continue to operate your Mazda 5 if the engine is overheating or the high engine temperature light comes on.