In this guide, you will find instructions on how to add windshield washer fluid on an Audi vehicle.
What you will need
- Park your Audi on level ground, turn off the engine, and engage the Parking brakes.
- Open the hood of your Audi by pulling the hood release under the dashboard on the driver's side. This will allow you to access the washer fluid reservoir which is in the engine bay.
Locate Windshield Fluid Reservoir. The washer fluid reservoir on Audi vehicles has a blue cap with the wiper symbol on top.Location of windshield washer reservoir on Audi A4.Location of the windshield washer fluid reservoir on Audi A6.Location of the windshield washer fluid reservoir on Audi Q5.
- Lift the cap to open the reservoir. If the washer fluid is low this is where you add windshield washer fluid.
- Add washer fluid until the level gets about two inches below the reservoir cap.
Always use windshield washer fluid to avoid damaging the reservoir and the delivery lines. If your Audi has a rear wiper or headlight washing system, it most cases the same reservoir is used for both.
Adding windshield washer fluid to Audi vehicles such as the A3, A4, A6, A7, Q3, Q5, Q7, etc is a very easy task and should only take a few minutes.
If your Audi windshield washer fluid is low, you will get a warning message on the instrument cluster.
- No Windshield Washer Fluid,
- Low Washer Fluid Warning
- Low Windshield Washer Fluid message
- 'Please Refill Washer Fluid' message on the dash