In this guide, you will learn what it means when your Nissan check engine light comes on.
How to Add Windshield Washer Fluid Nissan
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to add windshield washer fluid on a Nissan vehicle.
What you will need
- Windshield Washer Fluid
- Using plain water is NOT recommended.
- Turn the engine off, place the shifter in Park, engage parking brakes.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard, and you should hear the hood pop open.
- Press the hood latch and lift the hood. You will see a small lever (yellow, black, or red) right below the hood. Press it to the side to release the hood.
- Secure the hood in the open position. If the hood doesn't stay up on its own, there should be a support rod that you can use to keep the hood open.
- Locate the windshield washer fluid reservoir. The washer fluid reservoir on Nissan typically is translucent and has a wiper symbol on top. If you have a rear wiper, it typically uses the same reservoir as the windshield.
- Open the washer reservoir cap. If you don't see any windshield washer fluid, you will need to add windshield washer fluid.
- Add washer fluid until the level gets about two inches below the reservoir cap.
These instructions will help you add windshield washer fluid to Nissan models such as Quest, Sentra, Altima, Maxima, Rogue, Cube, Note, Juke, Murano, etc.
If your Nissan washer fluid is low, you will get a warning light on your dashboard.
It's is not recommended to use water as a substitute for washer fluid. Water can freeze during the winter months, which can cause damage to the system.
- Low Washer Fluid Warning
- Nissan Quest Add Windshield Fluid Message
Published on: Friday, November 17, 2017.