In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to remove the door panel on a Volkswagen.
How to Add Windshield Washer Fluid Volkswagen
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to add windshield washer to any Volkswagen vehicle including Jetta, Passat, Bora, Bettle, Golf, Routan, Tiguan etc.
For this step, you will need windshield washer fluid. Using just water is not recommended.
- Park your Volkswagen on level ground.
- Turn off the ignition and set the parking brake(s).
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood. If you need help with this step or your hood won't open, see our guide on How to open VW hood.
- Go to the front of the vehicle, release the hood latch, and lift up the hood. Secure the hood with the hood rod or ensure the hood stays up on its own.
- Locate the windshield washer reservoir. Lift up the cap.
- Add windshield washer fluid until the level is two inches below the minimum.
Can I put water in my windshield wiper fluid?
Not recommended. When you use water instead of windshield washer fluid — you risk calcium deposit buildup, mold growing in warm weather, ice damaging the washer fluid pump, lines, and reservoir itself can crack in cold weather when water is used.
Do not use engine antifreeze either.
How much washer fluid do you put in?
Pour the windshield washer fluid directly into the reservoir through the opening. Usually, one gallon should fill up the whole reservoir. You can fill VW windshield fluid reservoir all the way up to the cap, stop 2 inches ( 5 cm) below the cap.
How do I know my VW windshield fluid level is low?
Windshield washer fluid low level stays on constantly and does not turn off when starting the car.
How often should you add windshield washer fluid?
The windshield washer fluid level should be checked and added when empty or at every service interval.