BMW SVS Voice Recognition Language Processing System
In this guide, we take a look at BMW language module. Learn what BMW voice recognition system (SVS) does and how to read fault codes from BMW SVS module using a diagnostic scanner.🔺
What is BMW SVS module?
SVS is a BMW term referring to voice recognition system. SVS is integrated in the CCC (CIC) unit located in the dashboard. It processes language input from voice commands.
SVS main function is to control the various vehicle functions using voice commands.
BMW SVS can be used to control the following systems:
- Air conditioning Settings
When your BMW SVS module fails you will no longer be able to use voice commands.🔺
Diagnose SVS module
If you are experiencing problems and can no longer use voice command, read codes from the SVS module.
What you will need
For this step, you will need a diagnostic scanner that is capable of reading fault codes from BMW SVS module.
These are general instructions and may vary depending on the diagnostic scanner model that you use to diagnose BMWs.
- Plug in the OBD-II scanner into the diagnostic port under the dashboard.
- Turn on the ignition, don't start the engine.
- Turn on the scanner and select your BMW chassis. Next, Select Control Units menu.
- Select SVS Module.
- Once you enter the SVS module, you will be able to do the following.
- Read Codes from SVS Module
- Clear Codes from SVS Module
- Perform Adaptations, Activations, Tests
If any code is showing PRESENT status the problem needs to be fixed before the code can be cleared.
When purchasing a BMW scanner, verify that the supports your BMW model and year. Full system scanners that are known to work on BMW vehicles can range in price from $150 to $800 USD. To learn about OBD2 scanners that work on BMWs check the article on Choosing a scanner for diagnosing BMW vehicles.🔺