Trying to find low beam, high beam, turn signal or any other light bulb size for BMW cars?
BMW TMFA & TMBF Door Module Diagnosis
In this guide, learn about BMW BMW DOOR modules TMFA and TMBF.
BMW door modules are a component of the passive safety system part of Advanced Safety Electronics. One of the main functions of the door modules is to actuate the power windows in the front doors.
BMW vehicles have more than one door modules.
- TMFA driver's door module
- TMBF front-passenger door module
How to Diagnose BMW Door Module
If you are experiencing problems with your front windows a good starting point is to read fault codes from the BMW DOOR module.
To read fault codes from the door modules a BMW diagnostic scanner is needed.
- Plugin the OBD-II scanner into the diagnostic port under the dashboard.
- Turn on the ignition, don't start the engine.
- Turn on the scanner and select your BMW chassis. Next, Select the Control Units menu.
- Select the BMW TMFA module for the driver's door or TMBF module for the passenger door.
- Once you enter the BMW DOOR module, you will be able to do the following.
- Read Codes from BMW DOOR Module
- Clear Codes from BMW DOOR Module
- Perform Adaptations, Activations, Tests
If any code is showing PRESENT status the problem needs to be fixed before the code can be cleared.
Always verify that the scanner that you use supports your BMW model and year. Full system scanners that are known to work on BMW vehicles can range in price from $150 to $800 USD.