BMW TMFA & TMBF Door Modules
In this guide, we take a look at how to troubleshoot BMW BMW DOOR module using an OBD-II diagnostic scanner.
What is BMW DOOR module?
BMW door modules are a component of the passive safety system, Advanced Safety Electronics. BMW vehicles have more than one door modules. One of the main functions of the door modules is to actuate the power windows in the front doors.
- TMFA driver's door module
- TMBF front-passenger door module
How to read/clear BMW DOOR module codes
If you are experiencing problems with your front windows a good starting point is to read fault codes from the BMW DOOR module.
What you will need
A diagnostic scanner that is capable of reading, clearing and performing tests on BMW vehicles.
- Plug in the OBD-II scanner into the diagnostic port under the dashboard.
- Turn on the ignition, don't start the engine.
- Turn on the scanner and select your BMW chassis. Next, Select Control Units menu.
- Select BMW TMFA module for drivers door or TMBF module for passenger door.
- Once you enter the BMW DOOR module, you will be able to do the following.
- Read Codes from BMW DOOR Module
- Clear Codes from BMW DOOR Module
- Perform Adaptations, Activations, Tests
If any code is showing PRESENT status the problem needs to be fixed before the code can be cleared.
Always verify that the scanner that you use supports your BMW model and year. Full system scanners that are known to work on BMW vehicles can range in price from $150 to $800 USD.🔺