BMW ULF Universal Charging and Handfree Module
In this guide, we take a look at how to troubleshoot BMW ULF module using a BMW OBD-II diagnostic scanner. If you are experiencing problems a good starting point is to read fault codes from the ULF module. If any code is showing PRESENT status the problem needs to be fixed before the code can be cleared.🔺
What is BMW ULF module?
- ULF stands for Universal Charging and hands-free facility.
How to read codes from BMW ULF module
For this step you will need a diagnostic scanner that is capable of reading, clearing and performing tests on BMW vehicles. You must verify that the scanner that you use supports your BMW model and year. Full system scanners that are known to work on BMW vehicles can range in price from $150 to $800 USD.
What you will need
- Plug in the OBD-II scanner into the diagnostic port under the dashboard.
- Turn on the ignition, don't start the engine.
- Turn on the scanner and select your BMW chassis. Next, Select Control Units menu.
- Select ULF Module.
- Once you enter the ULF module, you will be able to do the following.
- Read Codes from ULF Module
- Clear Codes from ULF Module
- Perform Adaptations, Activations, Test