In this guide, we take a look at how to troubleshoot BMW Universal Charging and the hands-free facility, also known as the ULF module or MULF2.
UFL is responsible for USB-Audio (USB port in the center console) and Bluetooth.
How to diagnose the BMW ULF module
For this step you will need a diagnostic scanner that is capable of reading, clearing and performing tests on BMW vehicles.
What you will need
- Plugin the OBD-II scanner into the diagnostic port under the dashboard.
- Turn on the ignition, don't start the engine.
- Turn on the scanner and select your BMW chassis. Next, Select Control Units menu.
- Select ULF Module.
- Once you enter the ULF module, you will be able to do the following.
- Read Codes from ULF Module
- Clear Codes from ULF Module
- Perform Adaptations, Activations, Test
If you are experiencing problems a good starting point is to read fault codes from the ULF module. If any code is showing PRESENT status the problem needs to be fixed before the code can be cleared.