In this guide, you will find step by step procedure on how to change the front pads and rotors on Mercedes-Benz S-Class W221.
How to Change ABS Wheel Speed Sensor on Mercedes-Benz S-Class W221
In this guide, you will learn how to change the ABS wheel speed sensor on Mercedes-Benz S-Class W221 chassis. This guide is mainly applicable to S350, S550, S400, S600, S63 AMMG from 2006 to 2013.
What you will need
Here is how to change the ABS wheel speed sensor on a Mercedes-Benz W221.
- First, read the fault codes with a Mercedes-Benz scanner to find out which sensor is faulty.
- Jack up the vehicle near the wheel with the bad ABS sensor and secure the vehicle with jack stands.
- Locate the ABS wheel speed sensor behind the rotor. Use an Allen key to remove the ABS sensor bolt.
- Remove the ABS wire from the vehicle.
- Remove the C clip that secures the connector using a flathead screwdriver.
- Pry out the ABS connector. The ABS connector and the suspension ADS connectors are joined together, but they can be separated.
- Remove the old ABS sensor and install the new sensor in reverse order.
The ABS light, traction control light, and stability control will be on. Once you start the vehicle and drive for a minute, they will reset automatically.
If the ABS light does not reset, it means you have other problems with the ABS than need to be addressed.