If you change the engine oil at the dealer, your Acura dealer will reset the oil service reminder.
How to Change Acura Engine Air Filter
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the engine air filter on an Acura vehicle.
Replacing the engine air filter on an Acura is easy and can be completed in under 20 minutes.
It is recommended to change the engine air filter once a year or every 15,000 miles.
What you will need
You will need a new Acura engine air filter.
- Park your ACURA on level ground and turn off the ignition.
- Pull the hood release found on the driver's side of your Acura.Go to the front of the hood and slide your hand under the hood. Slide the latch handle to release the hood.
- Locate the engine air filter on your ACURA model.The engine air filter is typically located on the driver's side of the engine.
- Location of the engine air filter on Acura TL.
- To remove the old filter you will need to remove the screws or press the clips shown in the picture.
- Open the air filter housing and pull out the old filter from the housing. Inspect the condition of the old engine air filter.
- Check the filter housing to make sure it free of dust, particles or leaves. Use a vacuum to clean the air filter housing of your ACURA if that is necessary.
- Install the new ACURA air filter and secure the screws. Ensure the filter is seated properly in the housing or the housing will not close.
This guide provides general instructions on how to change the air filter in various Acura cars including MDX, NSX, RDX, RL RLX, RSX, SLX, TL TLX, ZDX, CDX, CL, VSX, EL, ILX, Integra, Legend