How to change Acura Key Fob Battery
Updated Wednesday Feb 14, 2018
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the battery on any Acura keyfob. Scroll down until you see the Acura key that matches yours. These instructions will help owners of Acura TL, CL, RL, TSX, RDS, ILX, TLX, RLX, MDX, ZDX change the key fob battery.Back to top
1. Acura Smart Proximity Key
Battery Type: One CR2032
- Press tab and remove the metal key.
- Use the metal key to open the shell of your Acura keyfob.
- Use a small screwdriver to pop out the old battery.
- Press the new battery in, making sure the positive (+) side is facing you.
- Press the two parts of the keyfob together until you hear them click.
- Insert the metal key into the key fob.
2. Acura Keyless Remove
Battery Type: Two CR2032
- Remove the metal blade key.
- Use a flat screwdriver to separate the keyfob shell.
- Locate the two batteries found inside the remote and slide them out.
- Install the two new batteries. Ensure that the batteries are not installed backward.
Add new comment