How to change Acura Key Fob Battery
Published by YOUCANIC Automotive Experts
Last Updated Nov 28, 2018
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the battery on any Acura keyfob. These instructions will help owners of Acura TL, CL, RL, TSX, RDS, ILX, TLX, RLX, MDX, ZDX change the key fob battery.
Battery size for Acura key fob remote
Most Acura keys use CR2032 Button Cell Battery.
Scroll down to watch video on how to change battery on various Acura key.
Acura Smart Proximity Key
Battery required: CR2032
- Press tab and remove the metal key.
- Use the metal key to open the shell of your Acura keyfob.
- Use a small screwdriver to pop out the old battery.
- Press the new battery in, making sure the positive (+) side is facing you.
- Press the two parts of the keyfob together until you hear them click.
- Insert the metal key into the key fob.
Acura Keyless Remote
Battery Type: Two CR2032
- Remove the metal blade key.
- Use a flat screwdriver to separate the keyfob shell.
- Locate the two batteries found inside the remote and slide them out.
- Install two new batteries. Ensure that the batteries are not installed backward.
- Close the key by pressing both of the plastic halves together.