In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the sway bar link on an Acura.
Changing the sway bar link (also known as an anti-roll bar, torsion beam) on an ACURA model is an easy job that you can perform right in your driveway.
To change an ACURA sway bar link you will need a few basic tools and about one hour for each link.
Instructions are the same for passenger and driver side sway bar link.
- Clunking noise,
- Rattling from the front end,
- Loose suspension,
- Poor handling
What you will need
- Park your ACURA on a level surface. Set the parking brake. Secure the rear wheels.
- Break loose the lug nuts but don't remove them yet.
- Jack up your ACURA Secure the rear wheels and set the parking brake.
- Locate the sway bar link that you will be replacing. Location of sway bar link on Acura TLX.
- Remove the nut that secures the sway bar link to the front strut.
- Remove the lower nut that secures the sway bar link to the sway bar.
- Install the new sway bar and torque the nuts according to the manufacturer's specifications.