Audi battery warning light may come on while driving or when the vehicle is started.
How to Change Audi Wipers
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change windshield wiper blades on Audi cars.
What you will need
Set Audi Wipers in Service Position.
- In older Audi vehicles you can simply fold the wiper arm out and change the wipers.
- In newer Audi vehicles you can't fold the wiper out because the hood will prevent you. You need to set your wipers in the service position. Watch the following video to learn how to set Audi wipers in the service position.
- Press CAR > Servicing and Check > Wiper Service Position > ON
- Bend the wiper arm up.
- Use a small flat screwdriver to lift up part of plastic that locks the wiper in place. Not all Audi wipers have this plastic retainer. If your Audi wipers do not have this plastic move to the next step.
- Rotate wiper blade so that it is perpendicular to the wiper arm.
- Rotate the wiper slightly so that you can press the release.
- Remove the wiper from the wiper arm.
- Grab the new wiper and install it in the wiper arm.
- Slide the new wiper into the wiper arm until you hear it click.
- Lower the wiper arm on the windshield.
Change Audi PTB Wiper Blades
In this section, you will find instructions on how to change the Pinch Tab Button (PTB).
- Place the wipers in the service position. See the instructions above.
- As you press the tab, pull the wiper away from the arm to remove it.
- Install the new wiper in reverse order. Make sure the tab locks in place or the wiper can come off during operation or driving.
Owners of several Audi models (such as A3, S3, RS3, A4, S4, A5, S5, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS7, A8, S8, Q3, Q5, SQ5, Q7, TT, R8) should find this guide helpful.