In this guide, you will learn how to change brake pads and rotors on Mazda 5. These instructions apply to model years 2010 through 2018.
How to Change Battery on Mazda 5 2010-2018
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace the battery on Mazda 5 models years 2010 through 2018.
What you will need
- Group 35 Battery
- The battery cold cranking amps should be at least 500 A or higher.
- Battery Terminal Cleaner
- Metric Mechanic Toolset
- Turn off the engine. Before you get started replacing the car battery on your Mazda 5, step one is to turn off the ignition. Mazda can be sensitive to voltage drops, and keeping the key in the ignition can cause electrical problems.
- Open hood. Pull the hood release to open the hood.
- Locate Battery. In your Mazda 5, the battery is located in the engine bay.
- Disconnect negative terminal. Use a 10mm wrench to loosen the negative (-) battery terminal nut. Disconnect the negative battery terminal on your Mazda.
- Disconnect the positive terminal. Next, disconnect the positive battery terminal.
- Identify the battery bracket. Remove battery hold-down bracket. Here is a close up picture of the battery bracket on your Mazda 5.
- Remove the battery the bracket. Remove the old battery. Install the new battery.
Clean battery terminals with a terminal brush or sandpaper. This will ensure there is a good connection to the battery.
Connect the new battery. Reconnect battery terminals. First, connect the positive battery cable on your Mazda 5. Lastly, connect the negative terminals. Use fiber washers to prevent corrosion of the battery terminals.
To change the battery on the 2010-2018 Mazda 5, you will need a few basic tools, a new battery, and about 20 minutes.
We hope that you found this DIY guide on how to change the battery on Mazda 5 helpful.
If you have any tips that may help Mazda 5 owners replace their battery, please use the comments section below to share your experiences.
Published on: Wednesday, August 23, 2017.