In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to replace the rear tail light assembly on Mazda 5, model years 2010 through 2018.
How to Change Brake Light on Mazda 5 2010-2018
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the brake light on Mazda 5, model years 2010 through 2018.
Replacing the brake light on a Mazda 5 is very easy and takes only less than 20 minutes.
What you will need
- Turn off ignition, set parking brakes.
- Press the release buton below the rear Mazda logo to open the liftgate.
- Remove the screws that secure the tail light assembly to the car. Remove taillight assembly from the car.
- Verify the brake light bulb. Remove brake light bulb from tail light by turning the socket counterclockwise.
- Reinstall the brake light into the tail light. Reinstall the tail light assembly on the van.
- If you replace the brake light and you find out that the brake lights still don't work check fuse number 22 in the fuse box. It will be market as STOP and will be a 10 Ampere fuse.
As you can see from the video series in this guide, replacing the brake light bulb on Mazda5 vans is quite simple and can be completed at home.