In this article, you will learn how to change the battery on a Mitsubishi Lancer.
In this article, you will learn how to change the engine air filter on a Mitsubishi. This guide applies mainly to Mitsubishi Lancer, Outlander, and RVR models, years 2008 through 2018.
What you will need
- Open the hood by pulling on the hood release under the dashboard. Locate the engine air filter in the engine bay.
- Press the connector for the mass airflow sensor and unplug it.
- Pop open two metal clips on top of the air filter housing. Pull the housing away to expose the air filter.
- Remove the air filter by pulling it upwards. Drop the new air filter in the housing.
- Close the air filter housing and press the metal clips to lock it closed.
- Reconnect the mass airflow sensor if you disconnected it.
Can't close the filter housing?
If you are not able to close the housing it is because the housing has come apart at the bottom.
Open the filter housing, bring the bottom part of the housing together first.
This guide applies to:
- Mitsubishi RVR 2014-2016
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2014-2016
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2008-2017