How to Change Engine Oil on a Mitsubishi
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the engine oil on a Mitsubishi.
- Drive your Mitsubishi up on car ramps.
- Place the car in park, and apply the handbrake.
- Secure your Mitsubishi with jack stands placed under the lifting points or a structural member.
- Open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dash.
- Use the prop road to support the hood.
- If your Mitsubishi has a splash shield, remove it. It is held in place with several 10mm bolts.
- Place a drain pan directly under the oil pan.
- Locate the 17mm oil drain plug.
Remove the oil drain plug by turning it counter-clockwise.
- Locate the engine oil filter and remove it. You can use oil filter pliers or oil socket.
Install a new oil filter.
Before installing a new oil filter, apply a small amount of oil to the oil filter gasket ring. Get the oil filter as tight as you can by hand.Video file
- Replace the copper washer on the oil drain plug.
- When all of the oil has drained, reinstall the oil drain plug. Torque the drain plug to 35 Nm.
- Add approximately 4 liters of engine oil at the oil fill hole on top of the engine.
- Wait for several minutes before checking the oil level using a dipstick. If necessary, add oil to bring the level between Min and Max marks of the dipstick.
- Start the engine and check if the €˜oil pressure€™ light goes off within five seconds.
Oil Change Interval
12000 km / 7500 miles
You may be wondering how often you need to change the engine oil on a Mitsubishi. The oil change range varies depending on the engine and oil type.
- Every 3000 miles
Semi-synthetic / Synthetic Blend
- Every 5000 miles
- Every 7500 miles
You will need at least 5 qt.
2.0 L Engine
- 4 L oil pan + 0.3 L oil filter
2.4 L Engine
- 4.3 L oil pan + 0.3 L oil filter
Check your owner's manual to get the recommended oil change interval for your Mitsubishi.
- Drain bolt - 35 Nm
Instructions in this guide will help you change the engine oil on Mitsubishi Lancer, Outlander, Eclipse, Mirage, Galant.
Published on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020.