In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the engine oil on a Mercedes-Benz R-Class.
What you will need
- 0W-40 Engine Oil 9qt
- Engine Oil Filter
- Mechanic Tool Set - Metric
- Oil Filter Wrench
- Torque Wrench
- Car Jack
- Jack Stands
- Park your Mercedes-Benz R-Class and let the engine cool down.
- Jack up the front of the vehicle and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the bottom engine covers. They are held in place with six 8mm screws.
- Place a drain pan under the oil pan.
- Loosen and remove the oil drain plug.
- Allow the engine oil to drain for at least 10 min.
- Replace the washer for the drain plug. Reinstall the drain plug and torque it to 25Nm.
- Open the engine and remove the oil filter from the top of the engine.
- Replace the oil filter and the O rings.
- Install the new filter and torque it to 25Nm.
- Add the recommended engine oil. Measure the oil level. Make sure the level is between the MIN and the MAX marks.
This video was recorded on an R500 M113 engine, W251 chassis. R350 M273 is also similar but with lower oil capacity. Make sure to use 0W-40 synthetic oil and a quality filter.