In this guide, we will show you how to replace the ignition coils on a Mitsubishi.
How to Change Front Brake Pads on Mitsubishi Outlander
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace front brake pads on Mitsubishi Outlander.
What you will need
- Start by putting your Mitsubishi Outlander in the park and setting the emergency brakes. Next, loosen the lug nuts but don't remove them.
- Jack up your Mitsubishi Outlander. Secure the car with jack stands.
- Remove the front wheel from the car.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to put pressure between the old pad and caliper. This will press the piston into the brake caliper which is required to fit in the new brake pads.
- Use a 14mm socket to remove one of the guide pins.
- Fold-out the brake caliper and remove the old brake pads and shims.
- Install the new brake pads. Apply a small amount of grease where the brake pads slide on the brake caliper. Do not apply brake grease on the brake pad surface or brake rotor.
- Install the brake caliper. Apply grease to the guide pins.
- Torque guide pins to 31 Nm or 23 ft-lb.
- Install the wheel and tighten the lug nuts. Rember to torque the lug nuts when the vehicle has been lowered.
- Start your engine and pump the brake pedal a few times before you start to drive.
That's it. You have successfully changed front brake pads on a Mitsubishi Outlander.
By YOUCANIC Automotive Experts