Learn how to replace the low beam light bulb on Mazda 5.
These instructions apply to Mazda5 manufactured from 2010 to 2018. Replacing the light bulb is very easy and takes less than 15 minutes.
What you will need
Mazda 5 use two types of bulbs for the low beam: Halogen or HID. Your Mazda5 will only have or the other, not both.
- H7 Light Bulb
- Mazda5 uses H7 light bulbs for the low beam.
- D2S Hid Bulb
- Mazdas that have Xenon low beam use D2S bulb.
- Park your Mazda 5. Turn off the engine. Ensure your Mazda5 lights are turned off as well.
- Open the hood of your Mazda 5. The hood release is located under the dashboard of your 5.
Access the back of the Mazda 5 headlights. In some cases, it may be easier to remove the headlight but for Mazda 5 it is not always necessary. Remove the black plastic cover to access your 5 low beam bulb.
- Remove the low beam light bulb from the headlight of your Mazda 5. Remove the low beam socket by turning it counterclockwise. Use gloves when you handle light bulbs.
- Install the new low beam light bulb on your Mazda 5. Don't touch the glass part of your bulb with your bare hands.
If the low beam doesn't work after you replace the light bulb, you need to check the fuses. Mazda 5 has two fuses, one for the right and one for the left headlight. In the fuse box located in the engine compartment, locate fuse 39 and fuse 40. Both these fuses are 15 A.
Driver side headlight
- Fuse is market as Head LO L and is fuse slot 39.
Passenger side headlight
- Fuse is market as Head LO R and is fuse slot 40.