In this step by step guide, you will learn how to change windshield wiper blades on any Kia vehicles.
What you will need
- On older Kia models, turn on the wipers then remove the key as the wipers reach the top position. This will allow you can easily replace the wiper blades.
- On newer Kia vehicles, you will need to set the wiper arms in the service position via the instrument cluster. Watch the following video clip to learn how to get Kia wipers to stop at the top position.
- Raise the wiper arm up.
- Turn the wiper blade assembly perpendicular to the wiper arm. Do not allow the wiper arm to fall against the windshield. You may break the windshield if the wiper arm accidentally falls on the windshield.
- Compress the clip and slide the blade assembly downward. Remove the wiper blade.
- Install the blade assembly in the reverse order.
These instructions will help owners of Kia Niro, Borrego, K9, Forte, Cerato, Optima, Cadenza, Sportage, Sorento, Venga, Carens, Rondo.