In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor on a 2004-2013 BMW 3-Series.
The mass airflow sensor is held in place with two screws and is very straightforward to replace. The sensor itself is located near the air filter housing on the driver's side of the engine.
This guide applies to BMW E90 E91 E92 E93 manufactured from 2004-2013.
- BMW is hard to start or has trouble turning over.
- 3-Series engine stalls soon after starting.
- BMW 3-Series engine drags or hesitates when idle or under load.
- BMW hesitates and jerks during acceleration.
- BMW 3-Series engine hiccups.
What you will need
- Open the hood of your BMW. The hood release is located under the dashboard on the driver's side.
- Locate the mass air flow sensor by the engine air filter housing on driver's side.
- Unplug the electrical connector from your BMW mass air flow sensor.
- Remove the Torx screws that hold the mass air flow sensor in place.
- Install the new MAF on your BMW. Tight the screws so that they are snug. Plug the electrical connector until it locks in place.