In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to change the Mazda key fob battery. Scroll down to find the video and instructions on how to replace the battery on your Mazda key.
What you will need
- New Battery
- Remove the metal key from the Mazda key fob
- You should see two slots where you will need to insert the flat screwdriver. Once you insert the screwdriver in this slot, twist it slightly, and the shell will open. Do the same for the other side.
- Next, you will notice that only part of the shell is separated. Insert the screwdriver on the edge of the shell and twist it again. This should open the shell completely. Place the back Mazda key fob case aside.
- Remove the key fob battery cover from your Mazda remote.
- Pull out the dead key fob battery from the Mazda keyless remote.
- Insert the new battery. Make sure the positive (+) symbol is facing you. The positive is on top while the negative side of the button cell battery is facing the key fob.
- Insert the O-ring in its channel if it came off during the earler step when you removed the battery from the Mazda remote. Press the battery cover in place
- Press the two key fob cases together until you hear the shells click and lock in place.
- Press the metal (emergency key) into the Mazda key.
- Test the key to ensure that the remote is working properly.
What you will need
- Press the metal button to flip/open the metal key.
- Use a small flathead screwdriver and insert it in the small opening as shown in the video.
- Your Mazda key fob shell will split in two.
- Separate the Mazda key.
- Use a small screwdriver to open the part of the keyfob that has the lock/unlock buttons. The screwdriver is inserted at the edge where the two key halves join each other.
- The key fob will open up and you will see the old battery.
- Pry the battery out using a small flat head screwdriver.
- Install the new battery. The positive side of the battery (+) needs to face the back of the keyfob.