In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to change a door speaker on a Nissan vehicle.
What you will need
- Park your Nissan on level ground and set the parking brakes.
- Pull the hood release under the hood and open the hood. Next, disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Open the door where you want to replace the speaker. Behind the door handle, you will notice a bolt. If the bolt is not exposed a small cover is on top of it. Remove the cover and then remove the 10mm bolt behind the door handle.
- Remove window switch. For example, in this Nissan Quest, the window switch pops us. Behind the window switch, you will have more screws to remove. Remove two screws behind the switch.
Remove the door panel. You remove the door panel by prying it out at the perimeter. Once you pry out the panel, simply lift it up one inch then pull it off the door. Disconnect all the wires and cables that go from the door to the door panel.
Press the connector and unplug it from the door speaker.
Remove four screws that hold the door speaker secure. Remove the speaker from the door.
- Install the new door speaker. Don't overtighten the speaker bolts.
- Connect the electrical connector to the speaker. Press it in until it clicks, locks in the speaker.
- Connect all the wires and door release cable to the door panel.
- Reinstall the door panel to the door. Install all the bolts you removed from the door panel.
- Reconnect the battery.