In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the Nissan CVT Transmission Speed Sensor. Transmission speed sensor on Nissan CVT automa
How to Change Nissan Front Strut
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace the front strut assembly on a Nissan vehicle.
Installing Nissan front struts and shocks takes about 2 to 3 hours with the help of a few basic tools.
What you will need
- Park your Nissan on level ground. Set the parking brakes and make sure the shifter is in the Park position.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Use a jack to raise the vehicle. Support the vehicle with jack stands. Always use jack stands to support your car. A jack alone is not safe.
- Open the hood and remove all three 13mm bolt on top of the strut tower. On certain Nissan models, such as this Quest, you will need to remove the plastic cover to access the top strut bolts. Remove the three bolts that fasten the front strut to the frame.
- Remove the nut that secures the sway bar link to the strut. There is a high chance that the stud will spin freely. Use an Allen wrench to prevent it from spinning.
- Unhook the ABS cable and the brake hose from the strut.
- Remove the bolt that secures the front strut to the steering knuckle. Also, remove the nut from the sway bar link and disconnect it.
- Carefully remove the strut from the vehicle.
- Install the new strut in reverse order. Tighten the bottom bolts to specification; typical values have been provided below. Verify torque specs for your particular Nissan model by calling your local dealer.
- Install the wheels and lug nuts. Slowly lower the vehicle.
- Torque the lug nuts to the recommended specification. Typically 90 ft-lbs.
- Drive to an alignment shop to get the front wheels aligned.
These instructions will help you replace the front strut on a Nissan vehicle. These instructions can be used to change the front struts on a Nissan Altima, Maxima, Sentra, Rogue, Murano, Frontier, and other models. Torque specifications may vary and should be verified by calling the dealer.
After you change your Nissan front struts, you need to get the wheels aligned. Skipping wheel alignment will result in premature tire wear.
These are typical values and may vary between models. Check with your dealer for the correct torque specifications for your car.
|Front Wheel Lug Nuts||
Typical: 90 ft-lbs
|Strut to the steering knuckle||
|Top Strut Mounting Bolts to Frame||
Published on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017.