In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace the front struts on the first generation Tesla Model 3.
In this guide, we go over the steps on how to replace the sway bar link on Tesla Model 3.
What you will need
Replacing the sway bar links on a Tesla is very easy and takes about 30 minutes for each link. There is a sway bar link for each front wheel. Here is how to change the sway bar links on a Tesla.
- Park your Tesla on level ground.
- While the vehicle is still on the ground, loosen the lug nuts but do not remove them yet.
- Jack up the vehicle and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the wheel from the vehicle.
- Locate the sway bar link.
- Remove the upper nut of the sway bar link.
- Disconnect the sway bar link from the strut.
If needed, push down on the sway bar link to remove to disconect.
- Remove the lower nut of the sway bar link and disconnect it from the sway bar (torsion bar, stabilizer link).
- Remove the sway bar link from the vehicle.
- Install the new sway bar link in reverse order.
- Visit an alignment shop to get the front wheels aligned.
The sway links may also be called torsion bar links or stabilizer links.